Home Forums Customer Support Velocity 200 GPH – Chevrolet 6.5 Diesel

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dylan 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dylan

I am looking at installing a Velocity 200 GPH on my 1998 Chevrolet 6.5 Diesel.  I was going to buy the Duramax pump with the Duramax install kit and make it work with the sump that I’m installing on my tank.  (I’m most interested in the wiring harness to power the pump when it comes to the install kit).

I see that the Duramax pump’s check valve is set to 8psi – is this adjustable? I’m looking at adjusting it until I see 10-12 psi at the inlet to my injection pump.

October 6, 2014 at 7:09 pm #4449

Josh@Fuelab

You would be better off to piece together an install kit yourself. The wiring harness may not be a direct plug and play for your truck anyway. Wiring the pump is pretty simple- switched source, a relay, power, ground, etc. Grounding the speed control terminal puts the pump in reduced speed (plenty of fuel for 99% of the street driven trucks out there). You can use a simple switch to toggle back and forth between full and low pump speed.

You can adjust the pumps a little bit in either direction. Most of the time, they are a little on the high side anyway. If you’re wanting to adjust the pump quite a bit outside the 8psi setting, that requires an add-on regulator. The pumps themselves were designed to be application specific, which is why the pressure is not really adjustable without an add-on part.

October 6, 2014 at 8:08 pm #4450

Dylan

I don’t quite follow how an add on regulator would be able to increase pressure to 10 psi or even as much as 15 psi when the pump is only delivering 8psi.  I can understand the scenario where pressure is regulated downward but not upwards.

October 7, 2014 at 12:50 pm #4451

Dylan

Or, if I’m looking at more injection pump inlet pressure, does that mean that I need to buy the lift pump and pressure regulator then set up my own filters?

Or, is the add-on pressure regulator something that takes the place of the check valve, or how does this work?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Velocity 200 GPH – Chevrolet 6.5 Diesel
Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>