Home Forums Customer Support regulator maintenance

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Fuelab 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ed Corl

Simple question: I run a blown v6, on E85 fuel, a FL 51502 regulator and 41401-c pump. I have a 40 um ss screen filter between the pump and regulator. Over the off season i noticed some “snot-like” substance in the filter. I am not sure if this is inherent to using the E85 fuel which I switched over to last season or my braided fuel lines (rubber-lined). I have had no problems at all with the pump or regulator (43 psi feed and referenced to the manifold). To be safe, I am switching my lines over to teflon. My question is regarding any recommendations for the regulator. In my mind, if the regulator is working, dont mess with it. The only thing that can go wrong really is a torn diaphram or crap getting in there. Either way, I would notice the problem with achieving and/or maintaining pressure. So, do you recommend any lubrication, inspection, or maintenence of my regulator especially since I am using E85?
    thanks
    ed

March 1, 2016 at 3:04 pm #6500

Fuelab

If you have a pressure problem, there’s something wrong on the supply side. Like you mentioned, a torn diaphragm (99% of the time that’s because of debris) is really the only failure point of our regulators. If that was the case, you would have fuel leaking out of the boost reference port. There’s really no maintenance needed for the regulator. The “snot” that you referenced is pretty normal for E85/Ethanol. I don’t exactly know what that substance is, but I do know it’s rather normal for that fuel.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: regulator maintenance
Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>