Home Forums Customer Support 40402 Reduced size carb pump questions

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  John 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

John

Does a 40402 fuel pump have any wear items?  Does it ever need to be gone through?  Rebuilt or anything?

Thanks John

March 6, 2015 at 2:57 pm #4731

Josh@Fuelab

Anything mechanical has wear items. However, the dynamic shaft seal that is known to fail on a lot of “T” style carbureted pumps is not used on an inline, wet motor design like ours. Additionally, we use a brushless motor, so there are no brushes to wear out. As long as the system is plumbed correctly and you keep up with filter changes (especially the pre-filters), you should expect a very long life. If there ever is a failure, we can repair the pumps. Repairs are generally very cheap- we just try to break even on something like that.

March 7, 2015 at 7:03 pm #4732

John

I am -8 front tank through 100 micron stainless steel pre filter -8 to pump -8 to 40 micron stainless steel filter -8 to regulator.

I clean my filters twice a season.

I am running e85.  Pump has been working great.  But has been sitting in the garage for about 5 months now.  doing some upgrades and changes.  Didnt know if pump needed to have a go through or not.

Thanks John

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: 40402 Reduced size carb pump questions
Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>